June 30, 2016
Senior level graduate students, postdoctoral and early career scientists who meet the following are eligible to apply:
- Have established a research project in the microbiological sciences,
- Have passed their qualifying exams and been admitted to candidacy for the Ph.D. degree (if graduate student)
The application deadline has passed.
Click on APPLY NOW and proceed with the following steps:
- Initially, you will be asked for an e-mail address and password. If you have not logged in before, a new account will be created when you enter your e-mail address and password.
- Upon providing the requested information, you will receive a message stating that your e-mail address is not in the system. This notice is NOT an error message.
- To confirm that your e-mail address is correct and you would like a new record created for the e-mail address that you have provided, please select "Yes, my e-mail address is correct, CONTINUE," then "Apply Now."
Step 1 will ask you to complete a profile. Under "Additional Information," be sure to select the appropriate educational status under "Ed/Professional." The awards or programs available to you will depend on your profile information and educational status. Upon completing your profile, select "Continue Application."
Step 2 will generate a list of programs based on the educational status in your profile. Use the dropdown menu to select a program. Before continuing with the application, you may want to learn more about the program by selecting "Read About Program." To proceed, select "Continue Application." If the ASM Grant Writing Course does not show up in the drop down box, click "Update your profile" to review your education status or review the eligible criteria listed above.
Step 3 will allow you to complete the online application and upload supporting documents. Before logging off, be sure to select "Save and Finish Later" OR "Submit my Application."
Review and Selection:
Participants will be chosen with the goal of bringing a broad range of experiences and career goals to the course. For example, every effort will be made to select participants representing scientific, geographic, and racial and ethnic diversity.