Laboratory Set-Up and Management
- Development and management of budgets
- Staffing a laboratory and managing personnel
- Preparation of a start-up list of equipment, personnel and beginning budget
- Ethics and implementation of data management in a laboratory
- The purchasing process for equipment and supplies
Tips from HHMI on setting up a laboratory
Resources for early career scientists from HHMI, including the guide entitled “Making the Right Moves”
Tomorrow's Professor mailing list includes articles by Richard Reis on academic careers, options for subscription to the listserv, and other useful links
Part of a "how-to" series from Science Careers
his link includes articles on how to manage a lab and personnel.
S. Webb. Business sense: starting an academic lab. Science Careers, July 17, 2009.